We know that you’ve got lots going on in your life and we understand that your responsibilities in your property will be the last thing on your mind. That’s why we thought we’d write this blog post, as a friendly reminder of some simple dos and don’ts…
- Try and keep the property clean and tidy at all times. We’ve written a blog post in the past about creating a cleaning rota and the best products to use.
- No food to be left/eaten in bedrooms – we know you do this, but don’t leave evidence of it!
- Don’t attach posters to the walls with Blu-Tac as it causes grease marks that are really difficult to get rid of.
- Put your rubbish in the correct bins and don’t let it pile up, especially in your garden or yard. This causes an unsightly mess and encourages vermin.
- Keep all rooms vented to prevent condensation and damp. When you’re at home, open windows a little and use extractor fans in the bathroom when you’re showering and the kitchen when you’re cooking.
- When you first moved in, you will have been shown how to top up the boiler, clean out the hoover and clean the filters in your washing machine. With just a bit of maintenance on your part, household items will stay in effective working order.
- Smoking is not allowed in any of our properties. Make your house a nice environment for everyone and smoke outside, away from open windows and doors.
- Wet wipes and kitchen roll should be disposed of in a bin and not flushed down the toilet, otherwise you run the risk of causing blockages.
- Clean your shower regularly, removing hair from the plug and making sure mould doesn’t form.
- Use boiler timers and your thermostat. This will help keep the house at a pleasant temperature and prevent pipes from freezing up in cold weather.
- When using the internet, be considerate if there are other people in your house; streaming films will slow your housemates’ connection speed down and can be really frustrating for anyone trying to work.
- Anti-social/irresponsible behaviour will not be tolerated. You each have equal responsibility to make your house a safe and pleasant place to live for yourselves and your neighbours.
If you don’t follow the guidance above, the Pick My Pad maintenance team might have to be called out and you may be charged for the work that they do to fix a problem.
If you’re looking for a Walkden property to rent, please get in touch with Pick My Pad on 0161 790 3999.